[alt-photo] Re: Hear, hear - HP Internegs

Loris Medici mail at loris.medici.name
Wed Jul 14 08:31:19 GMT 2010

Huh? It seems you've got up from the wrong side of the bed today... (A
Turkish saying - meaning's clear I presume.)

Actually it may be the case that digital negatives need as least the same
level of math (if not more) than film negatives; I haven't seen a single
workshop participant - who wasn't competent in math/analytic thinking - who
could understand and apply the principles with ease, at the same time...

If you read the article well it says: "...76x102cm platinum prints..." (~
30x40"), I wish you good luck with your film camera / all analogue workflow,
in making of such huge prints! (Not that I particularty think "bigger is
better", but, if they think they need to print big for having some people
notice pt/pd and such, "laissez-faire" then - that will probably bring fresh
blood into the community.What's hurting you so much!?)

Any new technology / method that promotes alt. printing is welcomed, to me.
OTOH, I'm not sure if HP is coming up with something actually/genuinely
"new" in the sense. To me, it just means "we finally have their focus" -
which is good, no?

Regards,
Loris.