[alt-photo] Re: 返: Re: Official press release about HPlarge formatnegatives

francis schanberger frangst at gmail.com
Thu Jul 15 19:59:42 GMT 2010

somehow the famous quote by Gioacchino Rossini fits this discussion:

"Every kind of music is good, except the boring kind."

sometimes the way an image is created is crucial to understanding a
photograph. I think it is important to distinguish between latent image,
developed image, recorded image and printed image.

At this point in my image making my 8x10 camera lays idle. I still want to
pursue directly displaying pyro developed negatives because of their
physical appearance but I don't have the content to pursue this direction.

Currently all of my work is created on a flatbed scanner. It is my intention
to use inkjet media as an intermediate and I accept the translation of the
initial object through a printing recipe involving UV light, vandyke brown
chemistry and Japanese paper. I am interested in the initial object and it
is transformed by each step of the process.

I continue to work on other projects sometimes with a camera and film but
the major output right now is completely dependent on a mix of digital and
historic processes. What I like most about working this way is that it still
allows for surprises (and mistakes).

-francis schanberger

--
francis schanberger