[alt-photo] Re: post fixer toning of VDB

Alberto Novo alt.list at albertonovo.it
Fri Jul 16 17:38:10 GMT 2010

Loris,
>  Francis, a wild a.. guess: bleach the print using a rehalogenating bleach
> (e.g. 10% potassium dichromate + 10% sulfuric acid, 1+1), then try to tone
> (and fix, and wash) and see what happens???
>
> OTOH, to my knowing, the gold toner will work after fixing too, you'll
> just need to refix and wash. Probably the results will be different that
> toning before fixing...

you are right: the gold toner works also after fixing. It is usually made
before in order to shorten the whole processing time, long rinses included.
But if you bleach the print you will not have any Ag(0) to tone anymore.

Alberto

www.grupponamias.com
www.alternativephotography.com/articles/art102.html