[alt-photo] Re: DESICCATE! DESICCATE! DANCE TO THE MUSIC!

Alan MacKellar amackellar at qx.net
Wed Jul 28 18:11:40 GMT 2010

I am a retired (for 10 yrs)theoretical physicist (Univ. of Ky), who has for
20 years avoided progress in my photography.   Now, having lost control of
how to use a calculator, I am a very dumb geek.  My back has made me turn
digital, but, having produced a negative (by analogue or digital), isn't the
rest of the process alt?  I can do QTR, without really understanding it
(courtesy of Keric Kouklis 2 years ago at FF in MT).  I have developed a
best curve for standard (whatever)density BW negs, and FF kit Pt/Pd=4/1, a
FF lightbox (bought the one we used in MT for half price), PO developer at
105 F, citric acid and Permawash.  I am an idiot chemist, can't balance
chemical equations (is that what the molar discussion is about?).  Can do a
good Mordancage bleach/etch.  I think I produce art, but I can't understand
most of your discussions and don't want to join a geek blog, they move too
fast.  I'll listen in, and ask questions.
Alan :)(I just recently learned what that meant.