[alt-photo] Re: DESICCATE! DESICCATE! DANCE TO THE MUSIC!

Peter Friedrichsen pfriedrichsen at sympatico.ca
Thu Jul 29 02:26:55 GMT 2010

If it is essential to keep a chemical dry, I use silica gel packed
into a 35 mm film canister. I assault the canister with a hot needle
dozens of times, then pour the silica gel in after sifting out the
fines. My source of silica gel is a plastic 1kg container of additive
free cat litter sold as silica gel crystals, something which I bought
about 7 years ago -a lifetime supply. I think a load of that quantity
should keep a 1 lb qty of chemical dry for 100s+ of open -close
cycles if the container's air space volume is reasonable- a beer keg
size may fail here.

Caveat on hydrated salts -they may dehydrate. Not sure if AT is
hydrated but I believe it is not.

Peter Friedrichsen