[alt-photo] Re: DESICCATE! DESICCATE! DANCE TO THE MUSIC!

David Ashcraft davidashcraft at sti.net
Thu Jul 29 08:26:39 GMT 2010

I pulled this definition off the internet:
Molar concentration or molarity is most commonly in units of moles of
solute per liter of solution. For use in broader applications, it is
defined as amount of solute per unit volume of solution, or per unit
volume available to the species, represented by lowercase c:[2]

Here, n is the amount of the solute in moles,[1] N is the number of
molecules present in the volume V (in litres), the ratio N/V is the
number concentration C, and NA is the Avogadro constant, approximately
6.023 × 1023 mol−1.
Or more simply: 1 molar = 1 M = 1 mole/litre.

I do not have a background in chemistry and have no idea what this
means.  Several posts have been made that state how easy it is to
understand (dumb me), I have no idea.  Surely someone could share the
knowledge and explain simply so we all could understand.
At the start of this I didn't care, but now feel like I need to know.
Thanks,
David