[alt-photo] Re: Testing Paper PH

Greg Schmitz coldbay1 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 29 12:46:51 GMT 2010

  You're welcome, I'm sorry I was so brief, I'm working on a project and
just sort of watching the list out of the corner of my eye.  FWIW, many
of the issues that are important to us, are also important to folks in
the conservation and preservation communities.  The first time I heard
of "hot extraction" and "cold extraction" was when some conservation
students asked to use my pH meter to determine the pH of leather from
some old bindings.

Thinking out loud there are some issues that come up from time to time
that are important to what we all do.  I wonder if maybe we might
benefit by writing FAQs, or at least creating a bibliography that might
point others to relevant sources (and to help folks like myself who
forget more than they remember) on topics of note.  Just a thought - I'd
be willing to help.

later --g