[alt-photo] Re: cyanotype and brushes?

francis schanberger frangst at gmail.com
Sun Jun 6 20:51:30 GMT 2010

Trevor,

I think that one must consider the paper, light sensitive emulsion and brush
together. For my vdb's on the kozo unryu paper I find that the foam brush
works wonderfully. For a palladium on old Crane's Cover, I've found that the
coating rod with the paper taped to a sheet of thick glass works best.

I know some people here are using the Magic Brush from Bostick and Sullivan.

For gum I use a couple of brushes, usually a high quality Hake brush to coat
on the gum mixture and then a cheaper Hake with a metal ferrule as a
finishing brush on Rives BFK sized with PVA (which I coat on with a foam
brush).

-francis

--
francis schanberger