[alt-photo] Re: cyanotype and brushes?

Diana Bloomfield dhbloomfield at bellsouth.net
Sun Jun 6 23:15:19 GMT 2010

Hi Trevor,

I use the Richeson 9000 series flat brush, though I do think it's
ridiculously expensive.  Jerry's has them online, though not in the
Raleigh store.  I've found some at Jerry's (at the store) that I
really like--  for anything but platinum (where I do think the
Richeson brush seems to work the best)-- that are so much less
expensive than that and work really well.  I'm out of town, so I don't
have my brushes in front of me to tell you what it is, but  I got them
all there.  So when you're home, go out there to Jerry's and take a
look at what they have.  I personally feel the foam brushes, while
pretty helpful in teaching a workshop, soak up too much emulsion and
have a tendency to coat unevenly (for me, anyway).

Diana