[alt-photo] Re: Another tricolor...

Diana Bloomfield dhbloomfield at bellsouth.net
Mon Jun 7 01:26:21 GMT 2010

Hi Paul,

Yes-- absolutely.  I've used Fabriano before (is that what you said
you were using?) without sizing and without preshrinking-- and it was
perfect for the first coat; pretty good for the second; and then, for
me, all hell seemed to break loose with that 3rd coat.  I did switch
to using Rives some time ago, and I changed the order of the pigments
I put down, too (which I feel does make a difference), plus I figured
out some other problems I was having-- so maybe I'll go back and try
the Fabriano again, without the pre-shrinking and sizing, to see how
it goes.  I've used the Rives without pre-shrinking, and that seems to
work pretty well up to a point.  At larger sizes, I had more of a
registration problem.

Anyway, I really like the images you've shown-- and the printing.

Diana