[alt-photo] platinum never a dull moment

Christina Anderson zphoto at montana.net
Thu Jun 10 02:45:15 GMT 2010

Question for all you platinum printers:  do you ever tone platinum, and with what if you do?

Never a dull moment teaching pt/pd here at Penland--first, the Heico was NOT clearing the yellow out, so a trip to the canning section of the grocery store and health food store to stock up on citric acid, which did the trick nicely. It's not like there is a photographic supply house closeby.

Next, I never would have thought we would run out of developer as the first issue (thinking all along it would be the pt/pd precious metals!), but I dug up a trusty supply of vinegar and baking soda to make the sodium acetate in a pinch when the pot ox runs out. Anyone try this??

Otherwise, great bunch of students who have made over 150 gum, pt/pd, cyano, toned cyano, gum over cyano etc etc.
chris
christinaZanderson.com