[alt-photo] Re: another new gum...

Marek Matusz marekmatusz at hotmail.com
Sun Jun 13 21:01:30 GMT 2010

Paul,

This picture does not work for me on a few levels. First the narrative: a sunny and beautiful blue sky and a dark blue cast of the foregrand reminescent of a passing thunderstorm. The story just braks down and does not engage.

>From the gum standpoint I do not think you went far enough with your pictorialism. This picture just begs for further manupulation. If you were to make the middle band a different hue by brushing wet cyan layer off it would provide nice visual separation between the sky and the dark foreground.

I have to say that this picture is havily biased towards cyan and to me it is problematic. Perhaps two separate cyan layers would be better: one for sky, which is rendered so nicely and one for the hills.

Gum offers endless possibilities and this picture has so much potential.

Thanks for opening yourself to feedback.

It just makes my day looking at somebody elses gums.

Marek