[alt-photo] Re: potassium phosphate

Jon Reid jon at sharperstill.com
Tue Jun 29 00:47:41 GMT 2010

Just following on this theme... I'm yet to try adding Gold Chloride
to my mix to see if it cools the tones even more but am confused as
to the practise. The Alt Photography Book (Chris James?) just says
add one drop of 5% Gold chloride to the mix but isn't specific about
whether this replaces one drop of another metal or adds to it. Also,
what are people's opinions in general to the addition of Gold
Chloride? I read that it can cause the other metals to start reducing
out immediately.

Jon