[alt-photo] Re: Multi coat Gum -3rd+ coats tends to wash off

Loris Medici mail at loris.medici.name
Wed Mar 3 06:04:19 GMT 2010

See inline comments below.

-----Original Message-----
From: alt-photo-process-list-bounces at lists.altphotolist.org On Behalf Of
pfriedrichsen at sympatico.ca
Sent: Wednesday, March 03, 2010 12:31 AM
To: The alternative photographic processes mailing list
Subject: [alt-photo] Re: Multi coat Gum -3rd+ coats tends to wash off

> I was attempting to produce very saturated layers and in that attempt, I
increased the gum concentration in order to accommodate (without staining),
the amount of pigment that was required. Once I reduced the gum and pigment
concentration, the adhesion was improved and the top layer behaved. <

Happy for you!

> I still have no understanding as to why there were no problems with these
thick layers when laying down the cyan layer first. <

Could be something about the structural/physical properties of the specific
pigments that you were using or something else, who knows? Don't dig too
much, go for the image! ;)

Regards,
Loris.