[alt-photo] Re: Alt-photo-process-list Digest, Vol 81, Issue 2

walter walter23 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 3 17:48:52 GMT 2010

Hi, I'm new to the list.  I actually came here looking for a solution
to the same problem, and I think I also used a bit too much gum (more
inadvertently though; my dichromate working methods have been a bit
inconsistent since I mix up small batches for single printing
sessions).  Because of the time involved I haven't tried to print
again since then (last week) but I'm glad to see you've found that to
be a culprit.  It sounds like exactly the same scenario I was facing.

Now, I'm going to mix up a bottle of saturated K-dichromate to keep
that variable constant.  Have any of you used plastic bottles?  I'm
having trouble finding brown glass bottles but the drug store gave me
a couple of plastic ones used for dispensing cough syrup / liquid
medication.  Would any of you seasoned gum printers recommend skipping
that and ordering some glass ones?  I know where to get them but I'm
sort of intensely trying to work out the printing methods right now
and I don't want to wait the week or two for a delivery.

-Walter