[alt-photo] PVA for SIZE & GUM ?

henk thijs henk.thijs at hetnet.nl
Thu Mar 4 16:23:02 GMT 2010

Dear List,
Made curious about the PVA discussion (I remember threads in 2007 a.o. Katharine and David) about sizing i.s.o. gelatine and glyoxal/formaldehyde.
But some years ago i mentioned the belgian gummist Jean Janssis ( very impressive gumprints of about 80 to 100 cm), he told me he used MOWIOL (PVA 8-88) from Kremer  Pigmente not for sizing but in stead of gum arabic.
He gave me some data, i made some tests, and yes , it works; it was a bit messy, and i preferred to work with gum arabic.
My question is : can we use this PVA stuff for sizing and gum-dichromate ?
regards,
Henk

www.thijs-foto.com