[alt-photo] Re: applying PVA size

Diana Bloomfield dhbloomfield at bellsouth.net
Thu Mar 4 17:29:19 GMT 2010

Dan,

I should probably add that the only paper I've really been using for
gum printing, with the PVA, is BFK Rives.  So your paper choice may
certainly make a difference whether you dilute this or not.  For some
reason, the PVA just seems to work really well for me on this paper,
in an undiluted state.  I was showing someone how to use this
recently, though, and when I watched her brush it on, undiluted, I was
kind of horrified by how heavy-handed she was with it.  Although I
pointed it out, she did go ahead and use it, and the image did
immediately wash off.  So when I say a 'very thin coat, undiluted,' I
mean I really do use a light touch.

Diana