[alt-photo] Re: prints that leave our hands

Peter Blackburn blackburnap at hotmail.com
Fri Mar 5 21:57:51 GMT 2010

Hi Diana:

It's amazing how we can sometimes treat our images as if they were our children. The psychology of all that might lend itself to a good essay. How emotional to watch a print go off into the hands of a stranger—and how devastating to see them, as you did, abandoned in a thrift store. "I hope it had a good trip" — what a precious phrase! Thanks for sharing both of your stories and for the great sense of humor—and humility—you expressed so well in them. No fading, no yellowing. I can sense your huge sigh of relief!

Yes, I will let you know the results of my "tests" if anything significant happens to unfold.

Peter