[alt-photo] Re: PVA for SIZE & GUM ??

geoff chaplin geoff at geoffgallery.net
Sat Mar 6 06:09:22 GMT 2010

Thanks - that’s useful. Reading this and other material I'm guessing the
'pva size' is similar to what other manufacturers refer to as 'acrylic
gesso'. The two other products I referred to before describe themselves as
'gesso' or 'acrylic gesso' and are intended as sizing for use by artists.
They seem to work for gum sizing - does anyone know if they are actually
basically the same as the Gamlin size? If there are differences do we know
what they are? Has anyone compared these products and is one clearly
superior?

Incidentally Gamblin is not a product easily available where I live, hence
one of the reasons for the interest in its make up.

Geoff Chaplin
 ジェフ チャップリン

geoff at geoffgallery.net
www.geoffgallery.net
Skype: geoffchaplin1611
UK mobile (英国の携帯電話): +44(0) 7770 787069
Japan mobile (日本の携帯電話): +81(0) 90 6440 7037
Japan land line / fax (日本の電話とファクス): +81(0) 166 92 5855