[alt-photo] Re: PVA for SIZE & GUM ??

Loris Medici mail at loris.medici.name
Sat Mar 6 10:01:57 GMT 2010

Geoff, "acrylic" gesso isn't the same thing as "PVA" size / glue at
all. They're completely different compounds... I've tried many acrylic
products and they were all making the support too slick for my liking
and my most successful attempts were only moderately so. BTW, you'll
definitely have to add something into the acrylic gesso to make it
work with gum. (Calcium carbonate powder / marble dust, pumice and
such... Even gelatin!)

Regards,
Loris.