[alt-photo] paper

Diana Bloomfield dhbloomfield at bellsouth.net
Sat Mar 6 21:32:02 GMT 2010

I didn't even know Rives had a "super-heavy version" - or were you
just kidding?  I can never tell.

I go to our local Jerry's here, and I typically buy the "Rives
heavyweight BFK", at 280 gsm, which I really love.   I've been buying
various papers there forever, but only just discovered that if you buy
20 of any one thing (anything in the store)-- if it's at least 20 of
the exact same thing of whatever it is you're buying (like 20 bottles
of Gamblin PVA for instance)-- you get a 20% discount.  I was
stunned.   I guess I've always bought less paper than that at any one
time, but recently, I bought 20 at one shot-- so I found out about
this discount.  They said they'd always offered that (only in the
store, I gather, not online)-- a well-kept secret.  But that extra
discount on already discounted paper there sure seems like a real
bargain to me.   And I really like working with it-- seems to work
really well for gum-printing.

Diana