[alt-photo] Re: Weston Diploma Parchment

Diana Bloomfield dhbloomfield at bellsouth.net
Tue Mar 9 13:22:05 GMT 2010

Jon,

I won't say "that paper is kinda crap," because a lot of people use it
and have much success with it.  I will say that I tried it for pt/pd
and did not like it at all-- not only the weight and fragility of it,
but I also just didn't like the look of the final prints.  My feeling
is, once you're shelling out beaucoup money for platinum and
palladium, worrying about saving money on the paper doesn't make a lot
of sense to me- if that's the only reason you're choosing to use it.
I do like Arches Platine for pt/pd, as well as COT320, which you can
get in an off-white or cream color-- though no one seems to have any
in stock right now.

I would still suggest, if you haven't done this already, to coat the
paper and allow it to sit in the dark to air dry-- no fan, no hair
dryer-- and see if that makes any difference at all.  I don't know
what your climate is like, but I also use a humidifier before I
print-- literally holding the paper in the steam, and then coat.  Just
suggestions here, but maybe worth a try.

Diana