[alt-photo] Re: Paractitioners from WWII thru the 1970's

Christina Anderson zphoto at montana.net
Thu Mar 11 21:00:16 GMT 2010

Depends on what you are terming "alt" but here are a few (please forgive misspellings--don't have time to check out names right now);  also depends if you want famous or not so famous:
Ansel Adams (JOKE)
Todd Walker
Kay Kenny
Judy Siegel
Betty Hahn
Bea Nettles
Henry Holmes Smith
Sam Wang
Edmund Teske
William Mortensen
Paul Anderson
Thomas Barrow
Ellen Land Weber
Scott Hyde
Eileen Cowin
Martha Casanave perhaps (she'd be a good one to ask)
Robert Fichter
Lois Conner
James Hajicek
Robert Heinecken
Paul Kilmer
John Wood
Sheila Metzner
Deborah Turbeville (these latter two may be past your bracket of 1945-1980)
etc etc etc etc
Try to buy on Abebooks The Alternative Image catalog from 1982. Some good history there.
U of Florida was rampant alt back "in the day".
Chris

Christina Z. Anderson
christinaZanderson.com