[alt-photo] Re: a new old process

Alberto Novo alt.list at albertonovo.it
Tue Mar 23 15:18:52 GMT 2010

Just for sharing what I have found:
the name of the method is pannotype (almost equal to the Italian pannotipo),
and there are some information and even pictures in Internet:
1853 published by the company Wulff + Co.
only used until 1859/60 since the material is very unstable (photographic
layer easily gets cracked). *displaced by the ferrotype process.
general process: collodion negative on blackened waxed cloth to which the
photographic emulsion is transferred after it got developed, separation of
the collodion in a bath of sulfuric acid (1:20)
(from http://www.photographicnegatives.net/index.php/WET_COLLODION_PROCESS)
http://notesonphotographs.eastmanhouse.org/index.php?title=Pannotype

images:
http://ladysrepositorymuseum.blogspot.com/2009/11/amazing-many-of-you-know-t