[alt-photo] Re: new digital sensor

Diana Bloomfield dhbloomfield at bellsouth.net
Tue Mar 23 19:07:49 GMT 2010

Well, you're just full of doom and gloom here, etienne. I hope you're wrong.

I do remember that guy, online, who sold the odd size sheet film that you couldn't find anywhere else-- can't remember his name now, nor the name of the place.  I'm sure somebody here knows.  But I bought a few boxes of his sheet film for a panoramic pinhole camera I made, and he was definitely a small supplier, keeping a relatively small group of people happy.  I'm not sure where he got the film, but it was fine film-- never a problem as far as I could tell.

And a year or so ago, someone gave me several boxes of 4x5 color film, some of which was dated in the mid-1970's, and some from the mid- 1980's.  I'm not even sure where it was kept (if refrigerated), but I said I'd take it off his hands.  And that film has been great.  The only difference I saw was that the colors weren't as intense, which I actually liked.

But I have high hopes that someone will be out there supplying 120 and large format film, for a long time.  Meanwhile,  if things get really bad, as you're promising, I guess I can stick with my now out-of-date and old-fashioned Canon 5D, or just make alt process photograms.  I like those, too. :)

Diana