[alt-photo] Re: new digital sensor

Diana Bloomfield dhbloomfield at bellsouth.net
Tue Mar 23 21:35:58 GMT 2010

Yes, Loris; that was my point.  My Canon 5D works perfectly well for
me, but they keep coming out with something newer and better, with
more pixels and more bells and whistles-- and so-- we're either
convinced we have to buy it (whatever it is), through clever
marketing, or we really do have to move on, because it will be made
difficult for us to continue with what works perfectly well for us,
that we may already own.  Same with film cameras-- I have some very
nice ones that I still love using.  If I can keep getting film, I can
keep using them.  If I can't, then these perfectly acceptable and
beautifully-working cameras will have to be shelved to gather dust,
until someone can come up with something (very expensive, I'm sure)
for conversion.

Diana