[alt-photo] Re: "sustainable market for film"

BOB KISS bobkiss at caribsurf.com
Thu Mar 25 14:48:30 GMT 2010

DEAR RYUJI,
	Why do many Europeans shoot color neg film then scan to digital
files?  My guess is that color neg film is very forgiving, can handle the
strong spot lighting (SBR) that they like, and has a forgiving
latitude...not like the Kodachrome 25 and E-6 film on which I cut my
professional teeth in the mid 70s.  It also renders skin tones and texture
very subtly.
	If you switch to Mount Gay rum make CERTAIN that you get the Extra
Old.  The Mount Gay Eclipse rum is a headache in a bottle.  There is a new
locally made rum on the market that is triple distilled and very
smoooooooooooooooth.  When I can remember the name I will send it along.
		CHEERS!
			BOB