[alt-photo] Re: "sustainable market for film"

Tomas Sobota tom at sobota.net
Thu Mar 25 19:45:03 GMT 2010

Hi Loris,

Anis flavour! Hey, that reminds me that years back (some 25 actually) I used
anetol for making paper negs more transparent. Anetol is of course the
active component of anis, so this thread is decidedly alt :-) The negs are
now less transparent than then, but they still smell strongly.

Tekirdag Raki, eh? I'll ask around in some döner kebab places ...

And yes, I agree with Bob, Lagavulin is my favorite too. A very strong peat
moss taste indeed. Some years ago, I had a very interesting cultural
interchange with a Scottish friend. I told him (almost) all I knew about
Spanish wine and he instructed me about single malts. He also gave me a
bottle: Lagavulin it was. Back then I had to go buy it in Andorra and
smuggle it to Spain, but now it's easy to get here. Some 50 euros per
bottle, the 25 years vintage.

cheers
Tom