[alt-photo] Re: acid paper

Judy Seigel jseigel at panix.com
Tue Mar 30 23:22:49 GMT 2010

On Tue, 30 Mar 2010, Christina Anderson wrote:

> Well, I know that Buxton is one of Ware's favorites, and Arches Platine
> used to be sized with a more acid size (rosapina or something?).
>
> But Buxton is called something like Ashton in the States, and is a bit
> expensive for my tastes. Chris
>
> Christina Z. Anderson
> christinaZanderson.com

I bought some Buxton in the long long ago, probably when Mike Ware was
still on the list and, um, praised it. I may suffer from a character flaw
(or three), but I couldn't get used to working on a paper that was worth
more per cubic inch than I am... It made me so uptight nothing worked...
My feeling, nowadays is that one's paper and other materials should be
like trash, expendable, not to give a damn about... My time and effort and
inspiration should rule. (And now that you mention it, I probably still
have a couple of sheets of Buxton in a folder somewhere.... they were so
precious I could never mess them up with paint.)

I suspect, BTW, that the price has come down somewhat.... or those 6 by 6
inch prints mentioned recently might be the rule.

J.