[alt-photo] Autochrome Flat Histogram

Mustafa Umut Sarac mustafaumutsarac at gmail.com
Sat May 1 22:18:21 GMT 2010

Couple of months ago , I was researching autochromes and selected few
samples from the web. I did this with trusting my eye.
I installed one of a older version of Lightroom and opened few Sony Zeiss
Vario Tessar shots . Histogram was like crazy and there were many color
graphics , mountains at the histogram where I dont know the meaning.
One of the autochrome feels perfect , it was a Tunisian bazaar shot from a
hill , it was sunny day , few carriages , tents , buildings and colors were
perfect. No deep shadows nor white highlights .
I loaded the image to Lightroom and hey there were no mountains nor color
graphics but a perfect flat horizontal low profile histogram.
What is the meaning of this ?

Best ,

Mustafa Umut Sarac

Istanbul