[alt-photo] Re: metallic/chromo/gold/halochrome/Seigel/Dalla Tana

Christina Anderson zphoto at montana.net
Sun May 2 23:12:44 GMT 2010

Alberto,
Unfortunately I don't speak Italian but when he says "painting gold in the develop" is that in "the area that has been developed," correct? It does take a while for the silver to plate out (minutes, not always seconds, depending on the strength and the temp), so if he is draining quickly, there could possibly not be streaks.  But now I am even more puzzled as to his process.

Do you think that Stellatelli's process will answer some of these questions more accurately?

My guess is that it would be best to talk with Dalla Tana--in Italian--and he can perhaps give us the FULL story....

I will be going back in the darkroom at some time in the next 2 weeks so can experiment but until then, I'm closer to understanding it all (specifically how to keep whites preserved) but still clueless about my original question on Dalla Tana.
Chris