[alt-photo] Re: metallic/chromo/gold/halochrome/Seigel/Dalla Tana

Alberto Novo alt.list at albertonovo.it
Mon May 3 07:00:33 GMT 2010

Christina,

> ... when he says "painting gold in the develop" is that in "the area that has been developed," correct?

No. As I wrote, that phrase is related to the first development and the
literal translation from Italian is: "We use the base formula, gently
brushing the print for 10 to 15 minutes. Then we lift the board and let the
print drain."

> Do you think that Stellatelli's process will answer some of these questions more accurately?

Maybe.

> My guess is that it would be best to talk with Dalla Tana--in Italian--and he can perhaps give us the FULL story....

I had a phone talk with Dalla Tana more than a year ago, and he declared
that his process was "a secret". In fact, he is teaching workshops with it.
This was all but a collaborative attitude, and this made me not interested
any more in a personal contact. I have nothing against Dalla Tana in
particular, only against any type of "secret".

Alberto
www.grupponamias.com
www.alternativephotography.com/articles/art102.html