[alt-photo] Re: "Expired" dichromate

Judy Seigel jseigel at panix.com
Mon May 3 02:01:03 GMT 2010

Trying to cut back on the 20 thousand messages in my incoming file, I'm
deleting deleting deleting... but a couple need comments.  I forget what
intimate family member admonished me, "you can't correct the world," but
my reply then was, "I can at least try."  Sometimes, however, it's easy:

I wrote", "As I understand it, the more a chemical is diluted the less
well it keeps..."

And on Thu, 29 Apr 2010, Tomas Sobota remarked:

> By that you would say that Sodium chloride does not keep well in seawater ?

I have no idea -- nor do you:  "Seawater" is not a constant, any more than
"person" or "earth" or even "air" is a constant, so how sodium chloride
(pure or not) keeps in it has so many variables as to defy precision, not
to mention that it may originate with the deep sea demon whose supply
comes from the bowels of the earth and varies with the year, month, day,
temperature, elevation, location, and her mood of the moment.

J.