[alt-photo] Re: Gold chloride in Pt/Pd sensitizer

EJ Photo ejnphoto at sbcglobal.net
Mon May 3 03:10:40 GMT 2010

Jon, The color and the effects depend on a variety of situations which is
why you site all those in your question. The gold reacts very fast with
platinum, which is why Mike suggest not using it because he prefers not to,
not because it can't be done. It just will start to react when added to the
solution. Which can lead to streaks, and color that includes violet. Is it
wrong? just not a smooth print. Can it lead to less grainy prints? it does
smooth out the highlights but CAN add grain if you use it with .....

Best thing to do is try it and find out how you like it. Buy a stronger
solution which can be diluted, very hard to make a strong solution out of a
weak one : )

There are several ways to cool an image, if that is all you want to do.

Eric

Eric Neilsen
Eric Neilsen Photography
4101 Commerce Street, Suite 9