[alt-photo] Re: Unpredictable Epson 1270

Diana Bloomfield dhbloomfield at bellsouth.net
Tue May 4 16:54:59 GMT 2010

Rajul,

I have experienced that on the 3800, at odd times.  A negative will be
printing along nicely, and for some reason, it just stops mid-way and
ejects it.  The only thing I've been able to determine is that when
this has happened, the transparency didn't initially feed as straight
as it could have.  It seems to be very slightly skewed.  Why it would
choose to stop printing mid-way is beyond me, but whenever I ensure
that the transparency goes in absolutely perfectly straight, it seems
to work fine.  Mine seems to happen only with negatives, too.  I'm
sure someone else will chime in, but that's what's happened with me
and the 3800.  I've noticed also that it's only happened with slightly
thinner negatives (not with Pictorico, for instance).  ?

Diana