[alt-photo] Re: Unpredictable Epson 1270

Marek Matusz marekmatusz at hotmail.com
Tue May 4 20:24:26 GMT 2010

I can't remember the reason why I taped a thin transparency to a thicker support to print on my Epson 3800. It worked fine. OK I remember now, I had pizza wheel marks with thicker ink load and cheap transparency.

Back to the original issue.

It seems like or some printers can't see the transparency and decide to quit. This is not an issue with more 'milky' looking Pictorico.

I just had an idea. WHat about taping a low tack painters tape along the long edge of the transparency (on the opposite side of coating) to fool the printer that it has an opaque media during printing. Some transparencies have a tape on the short, leading edge to help with feeding, but the idea is to use the long edge. This would be the side of the transparency that is touching the wall of the printer, where presumably the switch to detect the media is located.

I might try this during my next session.

Marek