[alt-photo] Re: For those of you with the latest wiz-bang Canon digital camera

Greg Schmitz gws1 at columbia.edu
Fri May 7 00:38:06 GMT 2010

Nice to "see" you Ryuji, it's been a while!  I think it is possible to
purchase a license:

http://www.mpegla.com/main/programs/M4V/Pages/AgreementExpress.aspx .
Also the article notes that, " MPEG-LA extended their "free internet
broadcasting AVC license" until 2015."

FWIW the video functions on those cameras get a lot of use, at least
from photojournalists that work for news outlets with webpages.  There
is also a strong market for add on devices (like follow focus and matte
boxes) because the cameras are being used by  a fair number of low
budget independents.

--greg