[alt-photo] Re: HYDROSCOPIC!

Richard Knoppow dickburk at ix.netcom.com
Tue May 11 18:54:35 GMT 2010

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ryuji Suzuki" <rs at silvergrain.org>
To: <alt-photo-process-list at lists.altphotolist.org>
Sent: Tuesday, May 11, 2010 8:54 AM
Subject: [alt-photo] Re: HYDROSCOPIC!

> From: "Richard Knoppow" <dickburk at ix.netcom.com>
> Subject: [alt-photo] Re: HYDROSCOPIC!
> Date: Tue, 11 May 2010 01:36:48 -0700
>
>>     It appears that he has a product
>>     available that is similar to Fuji Ag Guard and which
>> he says
>>     is effective and safe to use.
>
> No, I don't. It's a formula published in my upcoming paper
> published in Journal of the Society of Photographic
> Science
> and Technology of Japan. It's harder to make products like
> this of good quality at a reasonable price, because there
> are
> fewer and fewer competent manufacturing and more so
> sales/marketing people in the silver imaging field, and
> they
> fight harder for profits that become slimmer. Please use
> your
> imagination for the rest.

    Sorry Ryuji, I was misled by this in your post:

The image protecting effects of AG Guard and my solution are
not completely lost by rinsing the treated prints,
suggesting
that active ingredients are stuck on silver.

Also, both AG Guard and my solution can be harmlessly used
at
higher concentrations as recommended.

    I understand what you mean by manufacturing problems.

--
Richard Knoppow
Los Angeles, CA, USA
dickburk at ix.netcom.com