[alt-photo] Re: Gum...again!

Christina Anderson zphoto at montana.net
Sat May 15 02:29:28 GMT 2010

Paul,
If you go to here:

http://christinazanderson.com/Text_page.cfm?pID=2076

and scroll down you will see a comparison with a gross overexposed border, before and then after cleared in potassium metabisulfite.  So if you are having troubles getting dull colors, buy some. 2 tsp. per liter, soak the print 2-5 minutes. Otherwise the simpler solution would be not to overexpose...or cut your dichromate down to either a 7.5% or 15%. Or develop longer for the brownish dichromate stain to disappear. If I develop too little I notice more of that dullness left behind.
Chris

Christina Z. Anderson
christinaZanderson.com