[alt-photo] I'm an idiot! Was: NuArc 26-1KS problem (Slow printing times)

Loris Medici mail at loris.medici.name
Sun May 16 12:35:32 GMT 2010

Dear all,

I'm an idiot; it wasn't my NuArc 26-1KS. I just found out that I was
trying to print on non-acidified Fabriano Artistico, hence the anemic
bad results and long printing times!!!

The problem is that I wasn't doing iron printing for a long time and
forgot that I had trimmed Artistico sheets and - due lack of storage
space - put them into an empty COT320 box! Therefore I confused
trimmed Artistico stock with COT320. I only noticed this only after
opening a new COT320 box.

Adage: Never put something different - than the original stuff - in a
container, and if you do so mark the container in a big / bold /
colored / eye-catching manner!

Thanks all for the suggestions. I have been an idiot really... (Blushing)

Regards,
Loris.

P.S. First test with good paper indicates that I'll get <=10 minutes
exposures; 6:30 or 8:10 or 10:20 - depending on your Dmax evaluation.
(You know, it's a little bit complicated with print out processes;
often, you won't have two merging steps in the step tablet test.) I
think I'm going to standardize on 8:10, which is ~ 420 units according
to my light integrator... (It will give me 29 / 30 steps incl. pure
white and black.)