[alt-photo] Re: gum contrast...

Katharine Thayer kthayer at pacifier.com
Tue May 18 13:04:11 GMT 2010

Don't worry about thinking out loud, nothing wrong with that.   I was
doing something of the same when I was trying to remember that old
discussion which maybe only tangentially related, if at all.

Your question was what would be the difference between 1:1 gum/
dichromate with the dichromate dilution at 1x concentration and 2:1
gum/dichromate with the dichromate dilution at 2x concentration, at
the same exposure.  There should be no difference, because the amount
of dichromate in the coating mix would be the same either way.   The
statements on my website about different concentrations of dichromate
assume that the gum/pigment is kept constant as the dichromate
concentration is varied.  Hope that's helpful,
Katharine