[alt-photo] Platinum toning a Kallitype

Sterco sterco at ridni.com
Wed May 19 01:54:46 GMT 2010

Hi! My name is Matteo Indri

I've been "lurking in the digital dark" of this list for a while now but never partecipated in the discussion because being new in the alternative processes' scene I unfortunately don't have much to contribute yet. Also, oddly and amazingly enough, every time I had a question, someone else would ask it to the list and get extremely knowledgeable answers that would solve my problem.
Thanks a lot to all for the support  you give to everyone interested in this beautiful art form and for the real life experiences and warmth that exudes from your messages.

Now I finally have a question for you, hoping it was not asked/answered before:
I read you can make a Kallitype platinum toner in a few different ways: each recipe I've found though calls for potassium chloroplatinite... I personally bought Potassium tethrachloroplatinate: can I just substitute it for the "ite", or are they quite different compounds? If you use the chloroplatinate, which one is your favourite recipe?

Thanks so much and sorry for the lenghty email,

Matteo