[alt-photo] humidity and contrast in the palladium / platinum processes

francis schanberger frangst at gmail.com
Fri May 21 14:49:07 GMT 2010

Dear AltList,

What is the working relationship of relative humidity to the final contrast
in either a palladium developing out print or a printing out print?

I've been struggling with contrast and have always been rather laissez-faire
in monitoring and adjusting humidity due to the dungeon like qualities of my
dim room.

In regards to developers, does ammonium citrate ever get too old? Could a
trend of producing low contrast images independent of drop mixtures indicate
exhausted developer? I was reading in the Weese / Sullivan "New Platinum
Print" book that older ferric oxalate tends to have higher not lower
contrast.

-francis

--
francis schanberger