[alt-photo] Re: humidity and contrast in the palladium / platinumprocesses

Paul Viapiano viapiano at pacbell.net
Fri May 21 15:11:30 GMT 2010

If you're in a dry climate or using a vacuum frame, try placing a large
sheet of mylar/thin plastic sheet on the bed and then placing your neg/paper
sandwich on top of that (after Jeremy's post-coating pre-exposure
humidification). This will keep the paper from drying out during exposure
and result in better dMax...

Yes, old FO can give you anemic prints. B&S' ferric is said to last 1-2
years in solution but many factors, of course, can alter that. Many
professional printers mix FO the night before a printing session and FO is
available in premeasured mix packs for that purpose.

Paul