[alt-photo] Re: tintypes

Mary Donato gneissgirl at icehouse.net
Thu Nov 4 14:56:24 GMT 2010

Chris,

Please let us know about your results when you have a chance to make and
test your reversal developer recipe.
I had a lot of fun a couple of years ago making dry-plate tintypes with
the Rockland kit (in-camera, tiny, square format things, so cute).
Then I ran out of developer :( and everything came to a screeching halt.
I didn't want to order a gallon, and it's pretty expensive, anyway. As I
recall, the shelf life of the developer is fairly short. I didn't have
any joy with the exhausted fixer thing. So I'd love to be able to make
small batches of developer. Bet I'm not the only one, too!
Thanks for sharing the info!

Cheers,
Mary

http://alternative-ego.com