[alt-photo] Re: Alt-photo-process-list Digest, Vol 294, Issue 1

Christina Anderson zphoto at montana.net
Thu Nov 4 14:28:15 GMT 2010

Andy,
No, not so powerful: the MSDSes are on the web with the ingredients, but there is confusion in the marking of Solution 1, 2, 3 between the kits which is what I had to clarify with Rockland. It was more of a panic than a power because I have to have MSDSes on hand when I teach in case there is some disaster and a student flicks something into their eye. I am legally required to add the MSDSes to this notebook BEFORE I show the process.

There is a big difference between a 5% thio and a 50% thiocyanate, in other words....and the white powder....who knows what it might have been.

But at the same time, I am finding this a fascinating study--between tintype and chromo and Dalla Tana's process which I don't know--and the possibility of chromoing tintype which maybe I'll find out this week if all goes well.

But I will make up my own tintype developer and see if a) it is cheaper and b) it works and c) is it worth the extra trouble...probably not. But I have all the chemicals in my cupboard anyway and an approx of what the measurements should be.
Chris

Christina Z. Anderson
christinaZanderson.com