[alt-photo] Re: digital positive (negative) question

Dan Burkholder fdanb at aol.com
Mon Nov 29 15:30:58 GMT 2010

Hi Ryuji,

Your project sounds very interesting. Other than perhaps trying to save $$, is there any reason you're not considering just using a digital projector to provide your rear-projection image? They are much brighter than any enlarger and shifts, tilts, etc. would be a moot point since you could exploit either auto keystone correction or adjust the projected image in Photoshop to conform to the screen height, angle, etc. The newer projectors (Canon's for instance) have great resolution and with the LCOS technology (liquid crystal on silicon), they've eliminated the "screen door' effect you'd get with older projectors. Photographic images look stunning from this latest group of projectors.

Just a thought. Best of success with the project!

Dan

info at DanBurkholder.com
www.DanBurkholder.com