[alt-photo] Re: digital positive (negative) question

Ryuji Suzuki rs at silvergrain.org
Mon Nov 29 22:06:09 GMT 2010

From: Dan Burkholder <fdanb at aol.com>
Subject: [alt-photo] Re: digital positive (negative) question
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2010 10:30:58 -0500

> Your project sounds very interesting. Other than perhaps
> trying to save $$, is there any reason you're not
> considering just using a digital projector to provide your
> rear-projection image?

By replacing the enlarger light bulb with a xenon discharge
flash tube, I can get much more instantaneous output and also
good daylight color balance. Yeah, I would not like the dim
yellow light from regular enlarger tungsten bulb.

--
Ryuji Suzuki
"Don't play what's there, play what's not there." (Miles Davis)