[alt-photo] Re: a large-format horizontal enlarger with tilt shift mechanism?

Greg Schmitz coldbay1 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 30 08:17:11 GMT 2010

Ryuji,

There were a number of companies making rear and front projection
systems in the 1970's and early 80's for commercial portrait
photographers.  Perhaps you've seen some of those cheesy portraits with
studio lighting and fall foliage in the background.  I never used them,
but can remember seeing units at trade shows.  Don't know what formats
they accepted for projection, but they did, as I recall, use strobes for
their light source.  You might have some luck looking at copies of
RANGEFINDER or PPA's PROFESSIONAL PHOTOGRAPHER magazines from the
1970s.  I think both did some articles on the subject.

--greg