[alt-photo] Re: RES: Re: One-coat temperaprint

alex.j.chater alex.j.chater at gmail.com
Sun Oct 10 19:51:20 GMT 2010

Rafael

If you want a single coat I would suggest you try a colorant designed
for air brush use. It should be quite fine and produce a better
strength of colour without having too strong a mix. Temperaprint is
really a multi coat system and does not do well on single coats. I
have found that in general to get a good black will need two or three
coats. Obviously you will need a good registration system to do this
well.
3 Hours may not be enough and even if it did hold I suspect that the
image will be crude. It is the thin coats that hold detail well,
which is what you will need for the100lpi, while the heavy pigmented
coats are better suited for bold layers that do not have detail. I
have used successfully a small sun bed which gave exposures of 6-7
minutes. In the UK these can be found in second hand shops or charity
shops. Maybe not a perfect light source, being tubes, but i have had
good results with them.

alex